Re: global configuration manual.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:36:55 +0100

On tor, 2008-10-30 at 01:05 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> The info comes from the latest current global cfgman so the default
> values of many settings are already wrong referring to values only
> present in 3.1 and 3.HEAD. Think "http_port 80 sslbump" in 2.6, 2.7,
> 3.0 and listed default cache_dir of 'none'.

It's trivial to switch preferred order. It's scraping the info from the
release manuals. The only static information is the list of known
directives as each directive needs their own .dyn page.. (I do not fancy
using query arguments for this)

I'll switch the order to 3.0, 3.1, 3.HEAD, 2.7, 2.HEAD, 2.6 for now
(done), and maybe some other cosmetics like indicating which version the
displayed info comes from and easy switching between versions while
staying within the new view.

There is also at least two unresolved issues with the new view

a) The config sections and their comments isn't represented. Only an
alphabetic index so far. Perhaps sufficient. The per-version table of
contents is linked at top.

b) The styles isn't set properly. Affects alignment, and missing border
around the suggested config,

On a related note knoba also knows about all directives now, so !
http_access in #squid links to the config manual.