Re: [RFC] What would you think about importing IRC logs into the wiki?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:57:37 -0600

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 11:48 +0100, Kinkie wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm mulling over the possibility of importing IRC logs from
> selected channels (FreeNode #squid and #squiddev) into the wiki, as
> done in http://www.moinmo.in/MoinMoinChat/Logs/moin-dev
>
> The only major risk I see is that it would offer a chance to get
> IRCspam into Wikispam, but so far FreeNode seems to be reasonably free
> of it.
> I'd like to get everyone's opinion.

+0. The logs may be handy as a linkable archive of occasionally useful
information. Most of #squid-dev conversations are not reusable from
Squid point of view (otherwise I would vote +1).

I do not know whether folks discussing personal and business issues on
IRC would welcome a searchable archive, so proceed with caution.

Thank you,

Alex.