Why not BerkeleyDB based object store?

From: Pablo Rosatti <pablorosatti_at_yahoo.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:31:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi, there's any Squid project related to change the filesystem to BerkeleyDB based one-file object store as in Oops Proxy, Squid Proxy is better than Oops, but not in cache-access speed. I'm using IPCOP Router on a P233MMX-64MB-HD 4GB w/ Squid 2.7 STABLE5, and when i choose a disk cache size bigger than 500MB, sometimes when i restart the router, the partition where the cache is located need to be fixed because there are many file errors, maybe if one-file-objetc-store is used, it minimize that problem too.

The following text was taked from Oops site:

"The elementary file system is chosen as a model for storing the objects cashed. I.e. the objects
are not stored in separate files, but in one or several big files (storages), representing the file
system within the file. Apart from the increase of access speed to the objects in such storage in
comparison with the storage of "one object - one file" type, it allows to create storages on block
devices. Unfortunately, it results in limitations on 32-bit systems, where the file size (to be more
exact: offset in a file) is limited approximately to 2GB. It does not mean the impossibility to use
storages with their capacity more than 2GB, just a necessity for use of several files will be faced
in such systems."

Thanx in advance, and please reply my mail.

Pablo Rosatti.