Re: Request for new round of SBuf review

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 23:33:20 -0500

Howdy,

As most of you aren't aware, Kinkie, alex and I had a bit of a
discussion about this on IRC rather than on the mailing list, so
there's probably some other stuff which should be posted here.

Kinkie, are you able to post some updated code + docs after our discussion?

My main suggestion to Kinkie was to take his code and see how well it
worked with some test use cases - the easiest and most relevant one
being parsing HTTP requests and building HTTP replies. I think that a
few test case implementations outside of the Squid codebase will be
helpful in both understanding the issues which this sort of class is
trying to solve.

I would really be against integrating it into Squid mainline until
we've all had a chance to play with it without being burdened by the
rest of Squid. :)

Adrian