RE: ICAP, bypassing respmod depending reqmod result

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:02:58 -0700

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 14:35 +0200, Moshe Beeri wrote:

> In the worst case scenario we will use your acl solution,
> but we prefer to add those capabilities into squid 3.0 source, and to
> benefit the community as well.

FWIW, I hope to work on a dynamic ICAP service selection, where an ICAP
service can return an ICAP header indicating which ICAP service should
be applied next. We could extend that mechanism beyond a single ICAP
service chain, to pass the recommendation from the REQMOD chain to the
RESPMOD chain.

If your work goes beyond a simple/temporary hack, let's cooperate.

Thank you,

Alex.