Re: [MERGE] libsquid-compat shuffling pt 1

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:05:12 -0700

On 02/06/2009 08:02 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> s/libsquid-compat/compat/g
>>
>> I think we should be including headers as compat/foo/... and not just
>> foo/... -I directives need to be adjusted for that to happen. This
>> will help with future moves of the compat directory and with avoiding
>> file name clashes.
> We discussed using "compat/" before.
Yes. Did we reach an agreement that squid_compat is required?
> There are about 1150 possible reasons to add "squid-" to the directory
> name:
> http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=%2Fcompat%2Fcompat.h
Or about 1150 reasons why it is not necessary (since most of those
projects probably work fine and I am sure many of them do not prefix
directories with a project name). Header clashes are most likely the
result of wrong compiler options. Think about it: Millions of projects
are using non-unique header names (even without any directories) and
build fine. The preprocessor is designed to handle conflicts like this
if you give it the right options.

The problem is real only when you start installing headers. Squid does not.
> This is like an OS API layer used by Squid. Should not be mistaken for
> part of the squid codebase itself.
I think this code is a part of our codebase, but let's postpone that
part of the debate.

Thank you,

Alex.
P.S. I commented on the latest submission before I saw this message; sorry.