Re: [MERGE] libsquid-compat shuffling pt 1

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 16:02:24 +1300

Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Alex Rousskov has voted resubmit.
> Status is now: Resubmit
> Comment:
> s/libsquid-compat/compat/g
>
> I think we should be including headers as compat/foo/... and not just
> foo/... -I directives need to be adjusted for that to happen. This will
> help with future moves of the compat directory and with avoiding file
> name clashes.

We discussed using "compat/" before.
There are about 1150 possible reasons to add "squid-" to the directory name:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=%2Fcompat%2Fcompat.h

Linking to the full name is a good idea though.

> Why prefix file names with squid_? There should not be conflicts if we
> #include headers with compat/os/... path.

That was the previous naming (squid_windows).

I've found a handful of places using just os/freebd.h for example. But
if we use the squid-compat/os/ it seems safe.

> Should the compat directory be moved to src/? Or are we going to do that
> after the rest of Squid code not in src/ moved to src/?

Definitely not at this point. I started with it src/compat/ and had to
re-do the location so the helpers, and tools, and legacy bits could use
it. And due to some header clashes as mentioned above.

One day maybe, but I don't think it likely. This is like an OS API layer
used by Squid. Should not be mistaken for part of the squid codebase itself.

> BTW, is there new code here or just renaming/moving stuff around? In
> other words, do we need to review the code?

It's all just shuffling in this one. But code dependencies and build
integrity on non-linux have not been verified.

I'd like at lest a build-cycle on any other OS you may have access to.

> For details, see:
> http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/project/squid/request/%3C4976E2A2.6010004%40treenet.co.nz%3E
>
> Project: Squid

Please be using