Re: Squid 3.1.0.5 uses memory without bounds

From: Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:59:59 +0100

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 01:59:14PM -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Sorry, I do not know much about pprof. The graph shows that 200MB out of
> 500MB was allocated to close callbacks for deferred reads (the current
> suspect), right? Is there an indication that those objects were actually
> leaked?

Well, delayRead() and the stuff it calls stands for 493.8MB. 201MB of those
do indeed go to close callbacks.

> How long did this test run, and does the 200MB/test_time memory
> consumption speed correlate with what you have observed in longer tests?

This was a few hours. And yes, it seems to run pretty linearly.

> Finally, the other 300MB are due to pooled allocations. Those are
> tracked and reported by cache manager. Do you see any abnormal memory
> stats when you query your longer-running Squids?

I'm not entirely sure what stats you're looking for. Almost all of the
overconsumption in the pools (300MB or so) originates in delayRead(), though.

/* Steinar */

--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/