Re: Squid 3.1.0.5 uses memory without bounds

From: Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:35:52 +0100

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 09:20:24AM -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Was --enable-valgrind used last time you reconfigured and rebuilt
> Squid from scratch?

Yes. It didn't actually appear to do much, though.

> Are you on 32- or 64-bit platform?

64-bit.

> Would you be able to run Squid with full debugging enabled? It may take
> a few iterations if we need to add debugging statements, but we should
> be able to see the leak based on debugging messages alone. If leaks
> occur all the time, you would not have to run Squid for a long time.

This is a production machine, so I wouldn't be entirely happy -- it struggles
running under Valgrind already, and pushing out tons of debugging stuff
to disk probably doesn't make it much better.

> If valgrind is not lying

The Valgrind traces are inaccurate for the still reachable objects, I'm
pretty sure. (The pprof traces are better there.) For the actual leaks I have
more faith in them. :-)

/* Steinar */

--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/