Re: Squid 3.1.0.5 uses memory without bounds

From: Steinar H. Gunderson <sgunderson_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 14:27:05 +0100

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 06:33:41PM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> In squid-3 it's --enable-valgdind-debug

I assume you meant valgrind, not valgdind :-)

> If you get a valgrind report in cache.log (or stderr) when visiting the
> memory statistics cahemgre page (mgr:mem) then it's compiled correctly.
> I think there is also a leak summary in the page itself.

Still nothing, even after adding that flag and recompiling. It shows the same
thing as the pprof logs, though; CbDataList eats memory like candy.

> a) Confirmed leaks by valgrind.
>
> b) Memory pools which don't stop growing. Identified by their age being
> 0.0 all the time.
>
> and additionally
>
> c) Memory access errors reported by valgrind.

I've reported dumps of these several times already. I'm not entirely sure
what more information you need.

/* Steinar */

--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/