Re: SBuf review at r9370

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:52:42 +0100

> Um, IMO its better to be liberal with length() and very,very conservative
> with len_.

I think I reached a sensible compromise, however subjective.
I ask you not to be too strict now, but to feel free to change it
after the branch lands into trunk.

> Dumping stuff and pointer maths particularly is one place its often
> better/safer to use "const length() const" instead of len_, unless the math
> is actually intended to change len_.

Sure. I _think_ that the only leftover read-access to len_ is in
dump() which prints the low-level details of the SBuf.

>> now using xmin() and xmax() as per Amos' suggestion.

Those are the only ones I could find in util.h...

--
    /kinkie