Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r9573: SourceLayout: acl/, take 1

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:04:38 -0600

On 03/15/2009 01:54 PM, Kinkie wrote:

>> The key question for me right now is how to test this to avoid
>> committing code that does not link right in some environments. Any
>> suggestions?
>
> Build-farm.
> The memory for eu has been bought, and will be installed soon. This
> will allow us to have many x86-based OSes available, hopefully doing a
> full test-build at each bzr commit.

If some ACL type is not registered with Squid executable, do you think
test-build would expose the problem, with the current set of tests? I
doubt it would.

This lack of runtime testing of registered types is probably the reason
why I have not noticed the problem reported by Christos even though I
did run test-build script. I am guessing we need to add test cases that
test registration.

Thanks,

Alex.