Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r9575: Do not redefine max(). compat/compat_shared.h:135 is the location of the

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:39:18 +0100

sön 2009-03-15 klockan 21:07 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Um, IMO these helper redefinitions we do not need.
> There are conceptual problems still with not being able to simply go to
> helper directory and 'make install' as long as they need libcompat from
> a higher level directory.

Always been like that. Don't see why it's a problem. Many helpers
already depend on libmiscutil.

To reinstall only a single helper the standard procedure is:

make all
cd helpsers/.../...
make install

For a faster build you can
make -C lib
make -C compat
make -C helper/.../...
make -C helper/.../... install

One question on this however.. why is compat placed outside lib? What
makes compat different from lib? A lot of what is found in lib is either
just OS glue or independent of Squid in general.