Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r9573: SourceLayout: acl/, take 1

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:49:22 -0600

On 03/16/2009 10:09 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> Idea:
> src/acls directory as you originally proposed, which contains all the
> AclX.h and AclX.cc files for ACL named types *only* (resu goes into
> src/acl library.
>
> Make runs a helper script to generate AclReg_gen.cc similar to DiskIO,
> but generates AclX->Instance() calls from the filenames found in that
> directory.
>
> New ACL simply get dropped into that directory and added to its Makefile.am

I may have said tat before but, IMO, the added complexity and
restrictions of the sources-generating script is simply not worth it in
this case. It is much easier to add a couple of lines to AclRegs.cc once
in a while. However, if you think otherwise, I would not object to such
a script being added and ACL files moved.

Please note that you would have to deal with conditionally compiled
ACLs. You would also have to make the script smarter OR restrict ACL
developers to one source file per ACL type. The current approach does
not have these complexities or limitations.

Thank you,

Alex.