Re: linking fs code problems in trunk

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:35:29 -0600

On 03/29/2009 08:22 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 03/28/2009 06:11 AM, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Currently the fs related subsystem is broken in trunk, because of the
>> known linking problems.
>>
>> I am proposing the attached patch which:
>> - modifies the configure.in script to define in autoconf.h file the
>> HAVE_FS_UFS, HAVE_FS_AUFS, HAVE_FS_DISKD and HAVE_FS_COSS if the modules
>> ufs, aufs, diskd and coss will be build.
>> - Makes the DiskdInstance UfsInstance and AufsInstance objects which
>> defined in src/fs/diskd/StoreFSdiskd.cc src/fs/ufs/StoreFSufs.cc and
>> src/fs/aufs/StoreFSaufs.cc files, non static
>> - Adds the FsReg.cc file which just makes a reference to
>> DiskdInstance UfsInstance and AufsInstance objects to force the compiler
>> to include the related objs and libraries into squid binary.
>>

> Can you move FsReg.cc to fs/Regs.cc?

I am guessing you cannot move it "as is" because the code will be thrown
away by the linker. If you are adding the Regs file, it would be nice to
convert this to direct initialization and place into fs directory,
similar to how esi/Module.cc does it. Perhaps the result should be
called fs/Modules.cc then.

ACLs should probably do the same, but it is more work because there are
so many of them. Let's try not to take shortcuts where the proper
implementation is simple though.

Thank you,

Alex.