New features in Squid CIFS caching

From: Jorge Novo <jnovonj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:10:59 +0200

Hi,

My name is Jorge I am not subscribed to the list cos actually  I am
not a developer. I would be.

I have a little question: is it possible to use Squid for caching
another kind of traffic?

I am using BlueCoat ProxySG. http://www.bluecoat.com/

[quote]
Control — Proxy Services
Proxy support for multiple protocols
-> HTTP, CIFS, SSL, FTP, MAPI, P2P, MMS, RTSP, QuickTime, TCP-Tunnel, DNS
-> Bandwidth management on all proxy services
-> SSL Termination & Proxy (forward and reverse)
-> Control encrypted traffic for all users and applications inside and
outside the enterprise
[/quote]

This product caches and compress CIFS and several other protocols.

Could be a new feature in next versions of Squid

Thanks for your effort developing Squid.

---
SALUDE3.
http://www.rodeiroag.es/
http://soloeningles.blogspot.com/
Rodney Dangerfield  - "I worked in a pet store and people would ask
how big I would get."