Re: Importing recent trunk changes to 3.1

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:37:34 -0600

Hello,

    Thank you to all who responded! It sounds like there is consensus
that the changes should be imported.

When I committed the changes to trunk, I merged them from the 3p1-plus
branch on lp, using the cherrypicking method suggested by Robert:

  trunk% bzr merge -r branch:../v3.1..branch:3p1-plus ../3p1-plus

The 3p1-plus branch is based on the official 3.1 branch and contains all
of the approved changes. Thus, the above command means, roughly, "merge
the accumulated changes on 3p1-plus branch" into trunk.

[ Unfortunately, bzr does not copy commit history when cherrypicking
(yet). So my plan to preserve that in trunk failed. ]

I am not sure how we should import the changes to the official 3.1
branch now:

  1) Merge from 3p1-plus (will preserve commit history, I think!)
  2) Cherrypick from trunk (may help with future cherrupicking?)

Robert, what is the best strategy here?

Amos, will you do the import? The 3p1-plus branch, if you need it, is at
https://code.launchpad.net/~rousskov/squid/3p1-plus

Thank you,

Alex.