Re: unittest output for the build farm

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_robertcollins.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:41:02 +1000

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 13:32 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> No, layer-00-bootstrap is 100% shell code.
>
> The other tests have testHeaders test which is shell code, translation
> tests are automake code.
> Future plans are to at some point include the old test-suite run-tests
> and at least one configuration file parse test to the TestBed on squid
> binary post-build, which likely have to include shell oeprations.

Could you have a look at https://launchpad.net/subunit

This is a project of mine for standardising test output.

subunit2junitxml can generate junitxml files hudson can read.
There are shell bindings to output the basic test information for shell
based tests

There is a cppunit patch for subunit, I can generate a separate version
of that that would live in our namespace quite easily.

-Rob