adding content to the cache -- a revisit

From: <bergenpeak_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:57:03 -0600

There was a post on this same subject earlier this year. Want to post
again to see if the solution space might have changed and if not, to get
clarity on the suggested solutions.

I've got a subset of content from a origin server that I would like to
manually install into squid. The content pages are fixed content wise
but I need to install new pages several times a minute. Much like the
poster back in May, I was hoping there was some simple squid command
that I could run to tell squid: 1) the web content page file name (which
would already exist on the squid server) and 2) the name clients would
use to http get this web page (and/or more complete object treatment info).

Since the content will already exist on the squid server, I want to
avoid the approach of having squid pull the content from the origin server.

The content I'm trying to manually install into the squid server will be
a subset of the origin server content, so for objects not manually
installed into squid, squid will still need to go directly back to the
origin server.

Thanks