Re: compute swap_file_sz before packing it

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:23:32 -0600

On 10/27/2009 02:46 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2009-10-27 klockan 21:41 +0100 skrev Henrik Nordstrom:
>
>> Actual file storage size is more a business of the cache_dir than the
>> core..
>
> Forgot to mention.. nothing stops a cache_dir implementation from
> storing this attribute somehow associated with the data if one likes to,
> but for cache_dirs taking "unbounded" object sizes the information is
> not known until the object is completed.

Is not that always the case? Even if a store refuses to accept objects
larger than X KB, that does not mean that all objects will be X KB in
size, regardless of any reasonable X value. Or did you mean something
else by "unbounded"?

Technically, core does not know the true content size for some responses
until the response has been received, but I do not remember whether we
allow such responses to be cachable.

Thanks,

Alex.