Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r10049: Use libcap functions instead of raw kernel interface

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 02:04:04 +0100

ons 2009-10-28 klockan 12:04 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> * That should have been --with-cap2 right? same as all the others ('lib'
> being redundant and libcap2 being the official name for it as differs from
> libcap and libcap-ng).

I disagree there.

The official name of libcap-x.y is libcap, not cap or cap2. Source level
API of libcap-1.x and libcap-2.x is the same, except that 2.x provides
more functions and is not binary compatible with 1.x applications. It's
a linear line of development from the same author.

"all the others" is a very broad statement. We only have two other
--with-<somelib> and it's --with-dl and --with-openssl.

Official name of openssl is openssl, not libssl as Debian likes to call
it..

and dl do not really have a name of it's own, and is only known as -ldl
to most. And can probably go away now that we have libtool adding
similar tests..

> * "--disable-caps" can drop entirely. It was only used by Gentoo so far

Ok. Gone.