Re: test-suite and OS specific options

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 02:31:48 +0100

ons 2009-10-28 klockan 14:24 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> In the particular linux-tproxy2 case it is one of the many options that
> auto-detect and quietly warn before disabling the feature and continuing
> with the build. _even if configured explicitly_ (yeah nasty).

Ugh.. and quite obviously the disable does not work properly..

I'll give it a stab tomorrow.

> PS. There is a planned level of 'maybe' which I have not yet got around to
> adding. It will allow testing of hard-fail options in future and accept
> certain explicit fail messages (ie "wrong OS type" or "dependencies
> missing") as an okay pass result.

What about making TPROXY, netfilter etc default enabled if found
available?

Makes the minimum test have lots of --disable-xxx and --without-xxx, and
the maximus test is basically no configure options at all I guess except
for experimental features.

and to guarantee proper coverage over time, maybe have some nodes
running tests with specific --enable-xxx and --with-xxx options, making
the build fail on those hosts if the requirements have gone missing for
some reason..