Re: test-suite and OS specific options

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:02:57 +1300

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 02:31:48 +0100, Henrik Nordstrom
<henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> wrote:
> ons 2009-10-28 klockan 14:24 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>
>> In the particular linux-tproxy2 case it is one of the many options that
>> auto-detect and quietly warn before disabling the feature and
continuing
>> with the build. _even if configured explicitly_ (yeah nasty).
>
> Ugh.. and quite obviously the disable does not work properly..
>
> I'll give it a stab tomorrow.
>
>> PS. There is a planned level of 'maybe' which I have not yet got around
>> adding. It will allow testing of hard-fail options in future and accept
>> certain explicit fail messages (ie "wrong OS type" or "dependencies
>> missing") as an okay pass result.
>
> What about making TPROXY, netfilter etc default enabled if found
> available?

+1. I think the new NatLookup multi-plexing code is ready for mainstream,
but its not exactly widely tested yet.

> Makes the minimum test have lots of --disable-xxx and --without-xxx, and
> the maximus test is basically no configure options at all I guess except
> for experimental features.

Yes.

If we can keep up the nesting of dependencies under feature enable
wrappers the --without can be omitted in the presence of a --disable. Which
keeps it slightly simpler.

> and to guarantee proper coverage over time, maybe have some nodes
> running tests with specific --enable-xxx and --with-xxx options, making
> the build fail on those hosts if the requirements have gone missing for
> some reason..

The "maybe" and "nodeps" layers should take care of that part when done.

Amos