Re: Upgrade repository format for trunk?

From: Robert Collins <robertc_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:50:52 +1100

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 10:40 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 03/25/2010 10:06 AM, Kinkie wrote:
> > I've noticed that the bzr repository for trunk is based on an
> > ancient "pack-0.92" repo format.
> > After a few emails with Robert his recommendation is to upgrade the
> > repo format to format 2a .
> > Does anyone see any reason why this should not be done?
>
> Has Robert promised no bad side-effects?

Everyone will *need* bzr 2.0.x, or newer. (2.1.0 recommended,
naturally). bzr has moved to a micro-release every month, so 2.0.0 is
now 7 months old.

2a is much more compact on disk, and faster across the board. But
everyone will need to upgrade their own repositories, which can take a
bit of time (or delete them and pull anew).

Cheers,
Rob