Re: Upgrade repository format for trunk?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:52:41 +0100

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On 03/25/2010 03:33 PM, Kinkie wrote:
>>> If nothing else, this will require instruction on how to upgrade the
>>> everyone repositories. I can support the upgrade once those instructions
>>> work for me :-).
>>
>> "bzr upgrade" will suffice.
>
> I think you are missing step1: Install bzr 2.0 or better. That step will
> probably not work for me on some of the development boxes.

Yes, you were clear on that. And I do not discount the hassle of
upgrading bzr, that's exacly what I see as the biggest hurdle.

At the same time, speeding up vcs-related daily operations might be a
good thing(tm). So my proposal is, let's wait until some of the
release (and development) heat has faded, and aim for a mid-May format
upgrade.

What do you think?

--
    /kinkie