Re: Upgrade repository format for trunk?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:18:02 +1300

Kinkie wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Alex Rousskov
> <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
>>> "bzr upgrade" will suffice.
>> I think you are missing step1: Install bzr 2.0 or better. That step will
>> probably not work for me on some of the development boxes.
>
> Yes, you were clear on that. And I do not discount the hassle of
> upgrading bzr, that's exacly what I see as the biggest hurdle.
>
> At the same time, speeding up vcs-related daily operations might be a
> good thing(tm). So my proposal is, let's wait until some of the
> release (and development) heat has faded, and aim for a mid-May format
> upgrade.
>
> What do you think?

Agreed. At *least* May for the main repository.

Also, don't forget Guido and the Windows version of bzr. He will also
need to also have an explicit veto/approve before we can change this.

FWIW, I've already upgraded my local repos months ago. There have been
no ill side effects from 2a here despite the source repo being 0.9. If
you can it's worth doing the upgrade locally anyway even before the master.

Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.18