RE: [MERGE] Squid Patch (revision 10487)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 00:47:21 +0000

On Wed, 19 May 2010 10:03:11 -0500, <senad.cimic_at_thomsonreuters.com>
wrote:
> Not sure what went wrong, but since changes in each of the 3 files are
> minimal I included differences as attachments (new version for each file
is
> on top, old version is on bottom):
>
> neighbor.cc_diff.jpg - shows changes in neighbor.cc file in the
> peerAllowedToUse method.
> structs.h_diff.jpg - shows a single variable that has been added to
onoff
> struct in the structs.h file.
> cf.data.pre_diff.jpg - shows info that has been added for a new
> access_sibling_for_stale_resource directive in cf.data.pre.

Okay. Thats more readable at least.
+1 provided this has some testing behind it.

> Let me know what you think. I can try couple different things with
Bazaar
> to generate correct patch file if needed.

Not sure beyond the ones I use daily
...to see unsaved changes:
    bzr diff

...to see changes in a branch back to its parent (ie trunk):
   bzr diff -rsubmit:

I suspect there might be something like whitespacing or \n \r differences
in your OS or editor from the stored type the rest of us use.

Are you using Eclipse or Emacs for an editor? they are known to change
end-of-line characters by default sometimes.

Amos

> Thanks in advance,
> Senad

Each