Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r10560: Bug 2950: HTTP responses with no Date, Last-modified or expired can

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:04:14 +1200

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tis 2010-06-15 klockan 20:26 +1200 skrev Robert Collins:
>
>> Bug 2950: HTTP responses with no Date, Last-modified or expired can
>> now be cached (given an appropriate refresh_pattern). Previously we
>> were not caching them in case of an infinite loop in cache farms:
>> however Squid adds Date: headers now which remove that concern.
>
> Now I remember.. care must be taken on headerless HTTP/0.9 responses
> received from siblings. These should not be cached.
>
> Squid-2:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/upgrade_http0.9/
>
> Don't remember how this is handled in squid-3 but we do have something
> similar there.

Squid-3 upgrades all replies on receiving.

The ICY exception responses keep their non-HTTP request and status
lines, but the headers following the first line are
added/removed/upgraded per RFC 2616.

3.0 will emit broken ICY responses (but they appear as upgraded
HTTP/1.0, so can be ignored for these purposes).

The 0.9 upgrade creates the 1.0 HttpReply with:
   setHeaders(HTTP_OK, "Gatewaying", NULL, -1, -1, -1)

but I can't seem to find any explicit non-caching flags set. So I guess
Squid-3 handles them as default objects or as per any refresh_pattern
matching the URL.

Please be using