Re: Strange code in src/client_side_reply.cc

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:02:32 -0600

On 07/09/2010 06:08 AM, Kinkie wrote:

> in client_side_reply.cc:clientHttpRequestStatus at about line 1050,
> there's two conditionals:
>
> #if SIZEOF_INT64_T == 4
> //..
> #endif
>
> Both are pretty strange: sizeof(int64_t) cannot be 4, it's guarranteed to be 8.
> I'm removing this code in autoconf-refactor, but I'd like to
> understand if it's meant to be there..

Apparently, there are some environments where 64-bit integers are only
4-bytes long:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2661162/doing-64-bit-manipulation-using-32-bit-data-in-fixed-point-arithmetic-using-c

However, I doubt we should spend time supporting such environments.

If the code is not related to your autoconf project, leave it alone or
investigate/fix/remove separately.

Cheers,

Alex.