Re: Uncached packet marking patch

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:35:15 +0100

> > In order to obtain mark information from the existing connection (using
> > libnetfilter_conntrack), I need to know the local and remote port
> > number, and the local and remote IP address of each connection. Most of
> > this information is in 'class fde', but not all of it. Is it available
> > elsewhere, or will I need to retrieve it myself? If so, is using
> > getsockopt() the best way of doing so?
>
> In Squid-3.1+ the above info should all be stored in fde via Ip::Address.
> Which holds the port paired with address, unless erased by some update.

I'm using comm_local_port() to get the local port, remoteAddr() for the
remote IP address, and remote_port for the remote port. However, I'm
struggling with the local IP address. If I use local_addr I just get
[::] (localhost?), but I need the internet facing local IP address (as
per the connection tracking table). Any clues please?

> Failing that the ConnectionDetails objects store it all (not available in
> most of the code though). I'm currently working on comm upgrades to make
> this info easily passed around, they are deadlined for "any time now".

I'm happy to wait for that if it would be better.

> > Can I be added to this mailing list for the short term until the patch
> > is completed?
>
> Subscription is automated with a moderator signoff. I thought you already
> went through that?

Sorry, I thought I had to specifically request it first. I've sent the
subscription request through.

Thanks,

Andy