Re: Uncached packet marking patch

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:54:12 +0000

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:56:23 +0100, Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
wrote:
> As per my previous posts, I'm working on a patch to implement the ZPH
> features of Squid, but with packet marking (use-case to follow once I'm
> sure I can achieve what I want to).
>
> In order to obtain mark information from the existing connection (using
> libnetfilter_conntrack), I need to know the local and remote port
> number, and the local and remote IP address of each connection. Most of
> this information is in 'class fde', but not all of it. Is it available
> elsewhere, or will I need to retrieve it myself? If so, is using
> getsockopt() the best way of doing so?

In Squid-3.1+ the above info should all be stored in fde via Ip::Address.
Which holds the port paired with address, unless erased by some update.
Failing that the ConnectionDetails objects store it all (not available in
most of the code though). I'm currently working on comm upgrades to make
this info easily passed around, they are deadlined for "any time now".

> Can I be added to this mailing list for the short term until the patch
> is completed?

Subscription is automated with a moderator signoff. I thought you already
went through that?

Amos