Re: [PREVIEW] 1xx response forwarding

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 08:58:56 -0600

On 08/20/2010 08:36 AM, Henrik Nordström wrote:

> Some aspects of http is hop-by-hop not end-to-end. Processing of Expect is one such thing. Transfer encoding and message delimiting another.

Sure. We can consider the "next hop == origin server" case to avoid
distractions. I am only wondering whether http://host/path1 and
http://host/path2 responses are guaranteed to have the same protocol
version. I do not think HTTP gives such guarantees, and yet its
requirements imply that remembering versions using host names should work.

Alex.