Re: RFC-2640 support in Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:22:13 +0000

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:55:37 +0400, Valery Savchuk
<valery.savchuk_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've made some changes in src/ftp.cc for partial support of RFC-2640
> (Internalization of the FTP).
>
> This issue allows correctly see and use ftp-directories/files with
> national characters, if ftp-server supports RFC-2640.
>
> I've tested it with a lot of Russian ftp-servers and it works quite
well.

> What I have to do to include my changes to project ?
>
> Some additional information:
> - base source: squid/3.1.6 (cvsup FreeBSD usr/ports/www/squid31)
> - work platform FreeBSD-8.0R-amd64
> - known tested servers:
> gene6 ( http://www.g6ftpserver.com )
> pure-ftpd ( www.pureftpd.org )
> - browser FireFox 3.6.8 (russian)
>
> List of changed files:
> src/ftp.cc
> lib/html_quote.c
> include/util.h
>
> Best regards,
> Valery Savchuk

Thank you very, very much.

One thing to note before going further:
  FTP directory listings are templated for localization starting from 3.2.
Your patch may have different logic requirements in those versions to
output content. Please check that your patch works with a recent 3.HEAD or
3.2.0.1 snapshot.

The full process for getting the patch into a release bundle is outlined
at:
  http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MergeProcedure

With an existing tested patch you are up to the coding style stage.
Checking it meets the guidelines for Squid-3. Please check those basic
syntax details then send the email submission for auditing.

Amos