Re: Long time user, first time developer!

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 23:12:02 +0000

On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 19:40:17 +1000, Scott Moran <scoota_at_getbugged.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I say I'm a long time user of squid because I'm probably using it right
> now, but I don't even know it (just like it says on the squid-cache.org
> home page).
>
> Anyway, joining this list because I am scoping a project which involves
> implementing a captive portal to manage Internet access for unknown
> users (the general public) for a "free wifi" hotspot.
>
> I realise I'm not the first person to set up a captive portal for a free

> wifi hotspot, and it's easily achievable using other products that
> already exist (they're probably using Squid themselves) but the
> requirements we have stretch the boundaries of the other products, hence

> the need to develop with Squid first hand.
>
> Should be interesting!
>
> Cheers,
> Scott

Greetings.

Extra hands and new ideas in the area are very welcome. I've been doing a
lot of the recent portal upgrades, but naturally with a short list of some
vital bits still missing. If you can outline your project requirements I'm
happy to help.

Amos