Re: [stringng patch] removes terminate() method from SBuf

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 14:20:29 +1200

On 18/09/10 05:33, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 09/17/2010 01:19 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> see IRC discussions 2010-09-17 for the reasons.
>>
>> Boils down to it not actually being needed and causing semantic problems
>> when provided by SBuf().
>
> I would not remove terminate() completely because it does provide needed
> functionality. I would just make it private, document non-persistency
> caveat, and call it from c_str() and other applicable methods. If it is
> only used once, this becomes less important, of course, but I would
> still keep the code isolated.

The way I look at it exportTRef()** as it exists today can be used
internally to implement terminate(). This patch alters the (one) use of
terminate to do exactly that.
  Whether the post-transition code keeps exportTRef()** privately for
this purpose is outside the scope.

** current name used for clarity.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2