REWRITE directive

From: Miguel Castellanos <miguelcastellanos_at_weblink.com.co>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:24:46 -0300

Hello.

I noticed that the rewrite directive was only supported in 2.0HEAD.

Is there any plan to support in future 3.X releases ?

I really missed it L, external redirect programs are not good for high
performance servers.

I understand that proxies are not supposed to rewrite URLs, however when
running an accelerator you have full control of your web site, so this kind
of feature is valid in that kind of environment.

My main problem is to redirect mobile users to an special web site, so as
the "rewrite" directive is not available, I have to implement that redirect
directly on our web servers which are under heavy load.

It would be very nice to be able to redirect them using the configuration
proposed here:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/rewrite/

As I said external programs to handle this, is not an useful solution for me
because of performance issues.

Thanks for writing SQUID, it is a wonderful piece of software.

Best regards,

Miguel Castellanos