Re: Client bandwidth limits for squid3-trunk

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:35:11 +0000

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:09:43 +0300, Tsantilas Christos
<chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am working on adding support for client-side bandwith limiting on
> squid3. The related description of this feature is at
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ClientBandwidthLimit
>
> The feature implemented by Alex Rousskov for his 3p1-rock branch. In
> this mail I am including a first port for squid-trunk.
>
> The patch needs more testing and probably farther development but I am
> posting the current patch for preview and initial feedback.
>
> A short description included in the patch.
>
> Regards,
> Christos

Can't see anything obvious in the code. :)

Can you at least make the new functions into members where possible. In
this case clientdbSetWriteLimiter into ClientInfo::setWriteLimiter.

In hunk @@ -3125,40 +3129,82 @@ it looks like "ClientDelayPools &
pools(Config.ClientDelay.pools);" could be reduced in scope to inside the
if().

+1 from me.

Whats the plan for committing this?

Amos