Re: Client bandwidth limits for squid3-trunk

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:32:49 +0300

On 10/14/2010 02:35 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:09:43 +0300, Tsantilas Christos
> <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am working on adding support for client-side bandwith limiting on
>> squid3. The related description of this feature is at
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ClientBandwidthLimit
>>
>> The feature implemented by Alex Rousskov for his 3p1-rock branch. In
>> this mail I am including a first port for squid-trunk.
>>
>> The patch needs more testing and probably farther development but I am
>> posting the current patch for preview and initial feedback.
>>
>> A short description included in the patch.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christos
>
> Can't see anything obvious in the code. :)

I know :-)
I am still trying to clarify some parts of the code.

Maybe there are comments for the configuration parameters, or other
comments about how good policy is to use the comm handlers
(commHandleWrite function) etc...

> Can you at least make the new functions into members where possible. In
> this case clientdbSetWriteLimiter into ClientInfo::setWriteLimiter.
OK.

> In hunk @@ -3125,40 +3129,82 @@ it looks like "ClientDelayPools&
> pools(Config.ClientDelay.pools);" could be reduced in scope to inside the
> if().
>
> +1 from me.
>
> Whats the plan for committing this?

Currently I am running some basic tests using 2-3 clients..
Probably it will be ready next week.

Regards,
     Christos