Re: Client bandwidth limits for squid3-trunk

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 23:19:02 +1300

On 14/10/10 22:32, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
> On 10/14/2010 02:35 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 23:09:43 +0300, Tsantilas Christos
>> <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am working on adding support for client-side bandwith limiting on
>>> squid3. The related description of this feature is at
>>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ClientBandwidthLimit
>>>
>>> The feature implemented by Alex Rousskov for his 3p1-rock branch. In
>>> this mail I am including a first port for squid-trunk.
>>>
>>> The patch needs more testing and probably farther development but I am
>>> posting the current patch for preview and initial feedback.
>>>
>>> A short description included in the patch.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Christos
>>
>> Can't see anything obvious in the code. :)
>
> I know :-)
> I am still trying to clarify some parts of the code.
>
> Maybe there are comments for the configuration parameters, or other
> comments about how good policy is to use the comm handlers
> (commHandleWrite function) etc...
>

>> Can you at least make the new functions into members where possible. In
>> this case clientdbSetWriteLimiter into ClientInfo::setWriteLimiter.
> OK.
>

>> In hunk @@ -3125,40 +3129,82 @@ it looks like "ClientDelayPools&
>> pools(Config.ClientDelay.pools);" could be reduced in scope to inside the
>> if().
>>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> Whats the plan for committing this?
>
> Currently I am running some basic tests using 2-3 clients..
> Probably it will be ready next week.

Thanks. Okay then depending on Alex we may directly clash between the is
and the Comm::Io::Write polishing.

I'm unsure how the commHandleWrite function will fit into that layout.
There is a matching read delay system we will have to match it to
somehow. We currently have the same queue pattern in three places under
three names: AcceptLimiter for incoming connection acceptances, read
"Delays" for delay pools, and now write "Quota" for client pools.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2