Porting of usage of rep_mime type acls in delay_access rules from Squid2-HEAD to Squid3

From: Alex Crow <alex_at_nanogherkin.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:40:39 +0100

Hello devs,

I sent the below to the list a while ago and did not get a response.

It it planned to:

a) Allow rep_mime_type acls in delay_ rules in 2.8 or later 2.x releases?

and/or

b) Implement this feature in 3.x releases?

Best regards

Alex Crow

****

Hello squid developers.

I am very interested that this feature (that having read through the
HEAD to release diffs appears to be in general allowing delay_access to
wait until replies have been processed) gets ported to Squid 3.x. It's
quite a killer feature in a corporate environment to stop people hogging
legitimate uses of bandwidth to look at various sports events and
amusements without explicitly having to block all such sites (or
whitelist which is equally tough).

I have deployed a server running the HEAD version of Squid 2 with a rule
like this:

delay_client_reply_access 2 allow streaming_media !fastweb !important_groups

where streaming_media is a rep_mime_type acl.

And it works exactly as expected.

I have very little coding experience, especially in C++, so if others
are able to help it would be most gratefully accepted.

Please reply off-list as I have read the rules and will only join the
list if this is felt valid.

Best regards

Alex