Re: Porting of usage of rep_mime type acls in delay_access rules from Squid2-HEAD to Squid3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:46:57 +0000

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:40:39 +0100, Alex Crow <alex_at_nanogherkin.com>
wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> I sent the below to the list a while ago and did not get a response.
>
> It it planned to:
>
> a) Allow rep_mime_type acls in delay_ rules in 2.8 or later 2.x
releases?

None such are planned.

> and/or
>
> b) Implement this feature in 3.x releases?

The plan is certainly to port the needed features from 2.6+ into a 3.x. We
have client_delay_pools in 3.HEAD already and highly likely to be in the
next 3.2 beta released.

These 3.x controls are based on IP for more consistent control over total
bandwidth consumption than per-reply can offer. That does limit the ACLs
usable to the source and destination IP and port at present. Please try
3.2.0.3 when it becomes available and see if it meets your needs.

Amos