Re: /bzr/squid3/trunk/ r11203: Bootstrapped

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 15:32:58 +0200

On 02/03/2011 03:23 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 04/02/11 01:53, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
>> I will wait 1-2 hours if a new problem appear, and I will try to commit
>> the SMP SNMP patch again.
>> (thins patch was not lucky, we should drop it..... )
>>

> No pressure on that. It appears to have gotten well past the point of
> initial failures now. The 1am and 2am bootstrap/sync have past. Another
> 2hrs should see full test completion on the snapshot system I ran early
> manually.
>
> I tried earlier today to see how many unit tests fail,...
>
> * the ACL one just needed $(SNMP_LIBS) added to its LDADD list as expected.

In new patch the SNMP_LIBS included in COMMON_LIBS

> * a followup one on testCacheManager is showing me what looks like a
> circular dependency between libsnmp and libipc. libipc IIRC requires the
> SNMP PDU send functions. SNMP requires the IPC forwarder stuff.
>
> * testEvent, testEventLoop and testHttp* are still ahead and the usual
> culprits for dependency hell.

It was a little tricky. Just adding the libsnmp on link libraries is not
enough. If the libsnmp was linked before libipc then the Ipc::* objects
missing. If the libipc linked before libsnmp then the Snmp::* objects
missing.

To solve it I just add the src/tests/stub_ipc_Forwarder.cc file which is
used to build testEvent*, testHttp* and testCacheManager:

#include "ipc/Forwarder.h"

//Avoid linker errors about Ipc::Forwarder
void foo_stub_ipc_forwarder()
{
     Ipc::Forwarder foo(NULL,1.0);
}