Re: pre-Alpha HTTP/CoAP mapping module

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:53:08 +1300

On 21/02/11 20:50, Angelo P. Castellani wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 00:03, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> I've had a look at the IETF drafts you linked. But not able to access SVN
>> yet.
>
> The link/user/password are not working?

Nothing to worry about, my lack of skills when it comes to
cross-diff'ing with bzr-svn. Some overdue time playing and learning is
ahead. :)

>> Do you have any ideas why CoAP is better than chunked-encoded or Range
>> requests? or is that a CoAP to HTTP ranges gateway you are implementing?
>
> There some similarities, however CoAP design specifically targets
> embedded devices with severe HW constraints, in the context of IoT/M2M
> networking.

Aha. Nice.

> The main effort is to obtain a binary REST protocol, easy to be
> handled on constrained devices and HTTP-mappable.

So your project is doing the HTTP-mapping? or trying to make Squid
pass-thru for the binary protocol?

(both good, I'm just trying to get an idea how this will fit into the
overall architecture and what to comment on when looking at the changes)

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5