Re: pre-Alpha HTTP/CoAP mapping module

From: Angelo P. Castellani <angelo_at_castellani.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:50:25 +0100

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 00:03, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> I've had a look at the IETF drafts you linked. But not able to access SVN
> yet.

The link/user/password are not working?

> Do you have any ideas why CoAP is better than chunked-encoded or Range
> requests? or is that a CoAP to HTTP ranges gateway you are implementing?

There some similarities, however CoAP design specifically targets
embedded devices with severe HW constraints, in the context of IoT/M2M
networking.

The main effort is to obtain a binary REST protocol, easy to be
handled on constrained devices and HTTP-mappable.

A.