%la and intercepted connections

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:00:03 -0600

Hello,

    %la logs the destination address of the HTTP client connection. For
regular requests, this is the http_port address as promised by our
squid.conf documentation quoted below. For intercepted requests, it
appears to be the origin server address because that is where the
connection was going.

> <A Server IP address or peer name
> la Local IP address (http_port)
> lp Local port number (http_port)
> <la Local IP address of the last server or peer connection
> <lp Local port number of the last server or peer connection

Should we fix documentation (i.e., warn the admin that %la logs origin
server addresses for intercepted requests) or implementation (i.e., log
the actual local address used by Squid to intercept the request)?

I am guessing the same question applies to %lp.

Thank you,

Alex.