Re: %la and intercepted connections

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 18:16:06 +1200

On 20/05/11 04:00, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> %la logs the destination address of the HTTP client connection. For
> regular requests, this is the http_port address as promised by our
> squid.conf documentation quoted below. For intercepted requests, it
> appears to be the origin server address because that is where the
> connection was going.
>
>> <A Server IP address or peer name
>> la Local IP address (http_port)
>> lp Local port number (http_port)
>> <la Local IP address of the last server or peer connection
>> <lp Local port number of the last server or peer connection
>

> Should we fix documentation (i.e., warn the admin that %la logs origin
> server addresses for intercepted requests) or implementation (i.e., log
> the actual local address used by Squid to intercept the request)?

IMO. Implementation. With NAT there is no "local" IP:port. The more we
can make that clear the better.

NP: This will need some release notes. If the change to implementation
is small and easy as I expect it will, this will be able to go into 3.1.

> I am guessing the same question applies to %lp.

Yes.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1