Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Graphical Metrics for Squid (cachemgr replacement)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:28:27 +1200

On 24/06/11 18:24, Jenny Lee wrote:

> It would be nice to have something like a dashboard feature for squid (squid serving it):
>
> https://www.varnish-software.com/sites/default/files/vac_dashboard_15062011.png
>
> It shouldn't be too difficult to implement I believe since these values are available in cachemgr.
>
> Unfortunately, many of us don't have web servers where cachemgr is installed.
>
> Even if we had, it is not easy to understand what is what when all we care about is few simple metrics (reqs served, avg traffic in/out, reqs/sec, total traffic, etc).
>
> Jenny

Thank you for pointing that out. It has been on the wishlist for a while
with very little interest.

There are a few small tools out there which use the cachemgr or SNMP
interface to Squid and generate that kind of report live or graphical
forms. They just tend to get lost in the flood of log analysis tools.
Cacti, MySAR, and Duane's old rrd scripts etc.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9 and 3.1.12.3