Re: I have read and worked since 2 weeks ago

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:58:59 +1200

On 15/07/11 23:18, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 13:57 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>>> My boss had decide to use which version.I don't any role,But i
>>> downloaded 3.x.x and was reviewing its source, by the way, i like OOP.
>>>>

>> If it helps, here is Henrik the squid-2 maintainers announcement:
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-dev/201106/0137.html
>>

>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> You guessed correctly, but push data straight, is 10% of our project,
>>> after previous our talk on general ML, i spoken with my boss and
>>> understand that it's big.
>>> You made me happy if you help me a bit when i have problem with data
>>> gathering, because all of my problem is data gathering.
>>>

>> So there is one question we never actually got answers to on the general ML.
>>
>> Why do "push"?
>>
>> I can only think of two possible reasons:
>> * you are wanting to manipulate the object data somehow. Using
>> prefetch+push to get around the lack of ICAP RESPMOD adaptation in squid-2.
>> * you did not understand us very well when we described how to do GET
>> through Squid.
>>
> The same old conversation:
> I prefer to don't use any word, such as push, insert to, pull or etc.If

These are the technical names for certain algorithms which are part of
the problem and solution you are working with.

You want to have a technical discussion without using the relevant
technical terms?

> i explain, is very better:
> Suppose we have a server that it have a DB which contains of a set of
> URL, the given machine fetch pages from its list in DB in send to squid-
> box, squid-box must cache them without any response to DB machine.

You are very close to describing the pre-fetch version of the pre-cache
algorithm. If the "fetch pages" step was done through Squid there would
be no need to do the "send to squid" step. Do that change and you have
implemented the pre-fetch/pre-cache algorithm exactly.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9