Re: I have read and worked since 2 weeks ago

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 09:31:20 +0200

fre 2011-07-15 klockan 15:48 +0430 skrev Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh:

> The same old conversation:
> I prefer to don't use any word, such as push, insert to, pull or etc.If
> i explain, is very better:
> Suppose we have a server that it have a DB which contains of a set of
> URL, the given machine fetch pages from its list in DB in send to squid-
> box, squid-box must cache them without any response to DB machine.
> --mohsen

Which is a typical description of pushing content to the cache.

Just fetch the pages via Squid and the job is done. No modification to
Squid is needed.

Then the question becomes twofold

a) How do I fetch content via Squid?
a: By using HTTP to an http(s)_port

b) (optional) How do I make Squid fetch content from my server instead
of the requested host name?
a: By using cache_peer + cache_peer_access.