Re: SquidShell,any ideas/suggestions?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:18:21 -0600

On 08/10/2011 10:15 AM, Arthur Tumanyan wrote:

> Hi dear developers.I want to inform you,that i'm trying to realize something
> like shell specially for squid.it will be squid full control tool via
> command line.SquidShell will be a part of squid and will listen a specified
> port for incoming connections.
> If there are any suggestions or advices or something else,please feel free
> to inform me.

Currently, cache manager serves a similar function via HTTP, but with a
very small set of available commands. I would recommend considering
implementing your CLI "shell" as a program that communicates with Squid
via cache manager interface (you can add new commands to cache manager
as needed). In other words, your CLI program will translate user
shell-like input into cache manager requests and then display possibly
preprocessed results.

This way, you will allow remote Squid management via CLI, will not have
to redo Squid management access controls, and enhance Squid cache
manager for everybody to enjoy.

HTH,

Alex.